Saturday, January 15, 2011

Anticipation keeps us moving

Two poems tonight.  Not settled enough to write one of those long windy blogs so instead a couple of bon bons

Anticipation
It fills the air about me electric
I look to the north to skies clear blue
My boot tracks clear in the trail
The steps of my journey made with purpose
How quickly I have come to this point
But my steps have been sure and unwavering
Anticipation
Not ominous but with a sense of leaving
I look to the east and the fading late sky
Perhaps salted with the tang of regret
For loves lost and memories of old lives
Memories to be treasured and stored lovingly
Lesson learned about life’s uncertainties
Anticipation
It is orange and yellow dramatic light
I look to the west sun setting intensely
Bright with promise of the future
Of life to be lived and lessons to be learned
Of future joys unknown and momentary treasures
Of great joy to greet meat journey’s end
Anticipation
Hot wind of a dog’s breath on my arm
I look to the south warmly beckoning
My trail continues this way
Leading me to my destiny my dreams
Where I will find shelter from the storms
Where I will find great purpose and peace
Anticipation


On the road there are peaks and valleys; great joy, great sorrow, and sometime loneliness.  My journey has included all.

 
In the empty spaces of this room
The clock ticks
The sound resonates through the silence
The mirror by the door
Reflects an image of an endless time
Of longing
For the silence to be filled
With your voice

No comments:

Post a Comment