Monday, January 17, 2011

Two of Me, Two of You


A dear friend indirectly reminded me tonight about my blog from a few weeks ago that talked about the song Two of Me, Two of You (blog title Time After Time). In that song the theme of the space we need to adjust our expression of feelings, spirit, and emotions to accommodate another person’s, whether friends or friends maybe headed to something more intimate or lovers, for the relationship to be healthy and grow.  Timing and alignments.

My Mother used to remark in my younger days that I had two speeds: sleeping and full speed. 60 years later that still holds true though I have learned to downshift and roll off the throttle. I still tend to want to turn up the wick and shift through the gears in a hurry.

The fabric of a relationship in the early stages is so fragile; so delicate.  The Bull Moose in the china shop act usually produces a lot of hurt feelings and what we want most is in pieces on the floor.

Thankfully, through a mutual desire to communicate and a willingness to acknowledge our different places in time and alignment and the differences in how we handle situations, I got Bullwinkle under control and things worked out.  Whew!!!

The echo I hear down the road is the temptation or tendency to repeat old patterns even when I know they aren’t helpful or will place barriers between where I am and where I want to be. 

My mind is turning more and more to the road and the desire to be out there; in the wind.  Winter still has such a grip on areas north of Florida where my kickstand currently touches the ground.  The south part of Florida is an area I have yet to explore.  I did a car trip to Flamingo once but never to the Keys. 

With a new ride, my recently acquired 2011 Harley Ultra Road Glide, just starting to get broken in, a good Interstate cruise then some poking about the different corners of the Keys sounds like something that would create space and it just might help break through a bad case of writer’s block that has plagued the last few days.  I would love to hear the echo of those True Dual Rineharts going over the bridges out to Key West.

I will take the Mac Book Pro with me of course so I can up load the pictures from along the road.

At the risk of being accused of being redundant here is the link to Two of Me, Two of You.


Listening to the sound of the pipes
Echoing across the open road
To the ocean beyond
I feel the pavement rumble
Under the wheels
As the miles melt away
To my destination

KPW and his new 2011 Harley Davidson Ultra Road Glide

No comments:

Post a Comment